Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice strip to practice STOL's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice strip to practice STOL's

Being new to the site I am not sure where to post this or if it even allowable so forgive me if this is the wrong place. I have a small private airport in the Bootheel of New Mexico NM90. On it I have a 6000' N/S Dirt Runway and also a 2000' E/W runway also dirt, well maintained. If anyone would ever want to practice on it they would be welcome to. I have had two successful Fly In's, one was two weeks ago. There is camping available and it is high desert surrounded by Mountains. We have a beautiful Chiricahua National Park only 10 miles away. Birding and Sky Gazing are the big thing here. Anyway just thought I would throw this out to anyone interested. The New Mexico Pilots Association is holding a STOL Clinic there on April 11th. If anyone is interested they can go on the NMPA website for information.

Sounds like a delightful place! If I were closer, you’d have to run me off.
    Quick question though,,, with a 6,000’ and 2,000’ strip, don’t ya think STOL is kinda optional!

Bill
    Last edited by Bdflies; 03-11-2020, 09:24 PM.

Comment

If you are new to STOL you can work off the 6000' until you are comfortable then transition to the 2000'. If you haven't flown for a while, and want to practice crosswind landings and takeoff's it would be a good place and also if you want to do a little mountain flying we have plenty of them.

Comment

Sounds great to me! I’ll put it on the list for my “Tour de ‘Merica” to follow completing my plane in oh... 5 years...
        Almost flying!

Comment

Originally posted by Bdflies View Post
          Quick question though,,, with a 6,000’ and 2,000’ strip, don’t ya think STOL is kinda optional!

Bill
          With the density altitudes we get around here, 6000' IS STOL.

We all have P&W engines here. Push & Wait.
          Last edited by JJohnston; 03-12-2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Sorry I haven't read the last couple of issues of the NMPA newsletter. I'm just down the street and around the corner at Mid Valley (E98). Usually there working on finishing up my 4 place. Covering flaps and ailerons now. Paint in April for wings, flaps and ailerons. Hope to visit on a cool summer morning or maybe fall. Stop by and visit.
            Thanks too much,
            John Bickham

Los Lunas, NM Mid Valley Airpark E98
            BH Plans #1117
            Avipro wings/Scratch
            http://www.mykitlog.com/users/index....er&project=882

Comment

John,
              Thanks, I will do that and you do the same!
              Peter

Comment

Working...
              X