Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feedback on "aircraft technical suooprt Inc." in orient Oh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feedback on "aircraft technical suooprt Inc." in orient Oh.

anyone bought dope and fabric from these folks- Good service? Bad service? any experiences ?

I bought almost all of my fabric and polyfiber products from them and my experiences were all good.

Comment

Jim and Dondi are some of the nicest folks you will ever deal with. Years ago I had an orange peel problem, spraying aerothane, very late on a summer Saturday. Out of desperation, I called Jim for help not expecting any response. Left a message and was surprised and relieved when Jim called back within 20 minutes. This was after 9 pm on a Saturday.

Jared, in a couple of months I was going to ask it I could reference your order with Jim and Dondi. I think you had them sew your fabric seam for the fuselage. Is that correct??
      Thanks too much,
      John Bickham

Los Lunas, NM Mid Valley Airpark E98
      BH Plans #1117
      Avipro wings/Scratch
      http://www.mykitlog.com/users/index....er&project=882

Comment

I had been told by someone that placed an order with them (about 3 months ago) that they were in the process of going out of business....... FYI
        Several other people also said that they were very helpful (in the past)
        Thanks for the replies
        Tim

Comment

Their website certainly would appear to indicate they are still very much in business...

I suspect the company that was mentioned as "going out of business" was likely Avery Tools (www.averytools.com). Bob and Judy Avery are retiring from the tool sales business, but Bob will continue making some of their "unique" tools for sale through a "friendly competitor", Cleaveland Tools (www.cleavelandtool.com). Good folks, and I'm sorry to see them go, but happy they are able to retire...
          Jim Parker
          Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
          RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

I'll be headed to Oshkosh to the SportAir workshops in January, in which they are long-time instructors of the fabric covering class. I'm sure that if there's any truth to that, it will come out there. Jim and Dondi are quite young yet, so it would be a surprise to me.
            Christopher Owens
            Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
            Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
            Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

The current fabric instructor told me they have retired, Jim and Dondi. :-(. I'll see if I can find out more, and who has replaced them or will be carrying on the line.
              Christopher Owens
              Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
              Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
              Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Working...
              X