Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk Patrol Update - February 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I tried to find the structural tape and while I did find some variants of it for car interior trim, I was unable to find the product that Whee is referring to. I have no doubt that would be the best way to go though. The tapes I found were packaged expensively in very small quantities and had a foam core. I wasn’t sure if the foam would be strong enough. Also it’s temperature limited to 80 degrees C which seemed like a risk with a dark wing colour. I ended up using 5200 because it has enough body to bridge any gaps and sticks to anything. I’m confident it will work, but I have a system in place to prevent too much mess and I don’t mind waiting for the cure as I do other things.

Whee, if you could pass along a catalogue number for that tape, I’ll bet just about every home builder could find a use for it somewhere!

Comment

3M VHB tape is one product that Whee is talking about is . A plethora of choices are available...several thickness choices
      , etc.
      Brooks Cone
      Southeast Michigan
      Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Working...
      X