Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitting wing attach brackets to fuselarge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting wing attach brackets to fuselarge

Hi all Bearhawk builders out there, I just want to share on how I fitted and welded the wing attach brackets to the airframe. This method assure that it stay squire and lined up perfectly.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Nice, good thinking.

Comment

Boy Gerhard, I hope it doesn't come back to bite you. I was there this winter and wanted to weld on my wing attach fittings. The universal reply I got was weld EVERYTHING else on your fuselage and make your wing attach fittings the very LAST thing you weld on. The clearances are very small and the dimensional accuracy has to be spot on or the aircraft won't fly correctly. When you do all the welding around the doors, shoulder harness fittings, pulley brackets, etc, etc, and especially the formers on top of the fuselage will change things enough that your wings not fit...by quite a bit. Eric Newton has a stern warning written in red ink on page 2 of Part 8 on his fuselage manual addressing this very issue.

Comment

The way I'm going is to replace the to tubes with more support between them keeping the placement and position accurate. I read the warning and it is so, if you leave the bracket unsupported for the rest of your welding. Thanks for the post, we must look out for each other. enjoy.

Comment

Ok....really glad you considered it. Keep us posted as to how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
          X