Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulley cable guards/retainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulley cable guards/retainers

Is there a need for cable guards/retainers on the 4 pulleys associated with the flap system? How about at the forward fuselage/lower strut location for the pulleys associated with the ailerons.
    I'm not sure what to do with these pulleys...any references supporting either way would help educate me.

Thank you!

Dave (from Maine)

Hi Dave, here is how I think of it. Unhook one end of the cable so that it is totally loose in the middle. Then go to the pulley in question and pretend like you are a clever racoon who will be rewarded with a whole can of sardines if you can figure out any way for the cable out of the pulley groove when tension is reapplied. Make your pulley guides good enough that the racoon never gets the sardines.

Comment

• DBeaulieu
      DBeaulieu commented
      Editing a comment
      Jared, LOL...I had a pet racoon for about a year when I was growing up and I know what you mean. She went into heat and got to be a surly little sow and so we released her back to the woods. Now I have a very clever Corgi dog...much better temperment. Guess he can watch me fabricate pulley cable guards.
Working...
X