Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dimpling flap, aileron, wings etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimpling flap, aileron, wings etc

I have a dumb question..lol, My last rebuild project used all round head rivets so flush rivets are new to me... i will shortly be ready to dimple my flaps at spar and gusset areas. As i would expect these areas are treated the same as the wing will be i will likely use the same technique. Are the gussets dimpled as well as the leading edge skin beneath them and the flap spar? or are some areas dimpled and some countersunk beneath? Wing skins and ribs???? if they are all dimpled is the same dimple die used on each layer. Any response would be greatly appreciated.. i am thinking ahead .. thanks again. Gary

All dimpled with the same die. I've done no countersinking thus far (may when it comes to plate nuts???) but I think others may have.

Comment

So to clarify, all three layers at gusset, leading edge skin and spar would be dimpled with 100 degree dimpe die? That is what I was planning on but wanted to clarify. I will be dimpling for my nut plates also .

Comment

All three will be dimpled.
        Dave Bottita The Desert Bearhawk
        Project Plans #1299
        N1208 reserved www.facebook.com/desertbearhawk/

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

Working...
          X