Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stabilizer Internal Bracing T1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stabilizer Internal Bracing T1

I was looking on you tube and saw Dessert Bearhawk's avipro stabilizers. It looks like there are two T1 brace to the midpoints of the T25 rib. Page 23B of the plans shows only one. The video shows two T1s coming from T5 ,one going to the upper flange of the rib and another going to the lower flange of the rib at the same location top and bottom. If using two braces are they the same size as T1 or a different size something lighter

I don't believe Desert Bearhawk is a Bravo model, but that's not important. You may see lots of folks' variations from the plans and there have been modifications to the plans over time as well - something to be thankful for. The plans have the latest designs by the engineer behind the design. Of course you'll also want to keep abreast of engineering changes that may come out from time to time. Enjoy the journey!

Comment

homebuilt aircraft, builders log, experimental, experimental aircraft, 51% rule, fifty-one percent rule, 51% percent rule, aircraft homebuilt kit, aircraft homebuilt plan, aircraft composite homebuilt, aircraft experimental homebuilt, aircraft experimental kit

They are there to help stabilize the rib when the fabric is shrunk.

Comment

Excellent Thanks for the info. My ribs have a different lighting hole configuration. But I get the idea. Plans do not say to use two at each location.

Comment

• alaskabearhawk
          alaskabearhawk commented
          Editing a comment
          There is only one T1 in the plans because the ribs do not have airfoil profile.
      Working...
      X