Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single rear seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single rear seat

Built the single seat for the rear so I'd have the option to have 3 people plus room for lots of stuff.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I really think single rear seats make sense, whether you make 1 or 2.

Comment

I still have the bench seat so just have to pull out the single seat & replace it with the bench.

Comment

You may consider how your rear passenger will egress in the case of an emergency or after a wreck. If you pile baggage between them and the door it may be challenging or impossible. Might be wise to put the passenger next to the door even though it will add some difficulty to loading the baggage.
        Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

• Gerhard Rieger
          Gerhard Rieger commented
          Editing a comment
          Before the rear doors access was through the pilot doors, make front seats to flip forward like all Cessna's do.

Good point. That can be easily remedied.

Comment

I think the single rear seat is a great idea which I why I'm doing it also. The BH is capable of hauling 3 guys and gear into the backcountry so might as well make some room for gear.
          Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Originally posted by BAnton View Post
            Built the single seat for the rear so I'd have the option to have 3 people plus room for lots of stuff.
            The workmanship is great/top notch....

Last edited by way_up_north; 02-08-2019, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X