Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handy Builder's Tip Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handy Builder's Tip Video

The latest video on my YouTube channel. A builder's tip on positioning hard to clamp brackets and such for tack welding: https://youtu.be/_6SCqo96LrI

Man, should have thought of that before. Will use this in the future. Thanks!
    Stephen B. Murphey
    Bearhawk LSA
    Building #L-089

Comment

Thanks for posting Paul, great tip. Hope to visit with you at the airmen’s show

Comment

I think I need to get me one of those.

I bought a set of very small super magnets off of Amazon. A few of the tool (Eastwood) retailers sell them as well. I bought them for keeping fabric in place, but they are extremely useful for a lot of things, including holding parts together to weld. I think I need more.

Comment

Been doing that for years, your base is much nicer than mine though!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/fastfox23
          Patrol plans #398

Comment

Those magnetic bases are magic how you can just switch them on and off. We use them at work for timing little engines where positioning is critical.

We found the single tightening knob to be frustrating because everything goes slack at once. There's another style that uses individual clamps at each joint and the arms are steel rods that can slide as well as rotate about the joints. The magnetic base is the same.

I never thought about these for welding... thanks for the tip!
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Mark
            Scratch building Patrol #275
            Hood River, OR

Comment

Thats real handy!! It looked like you placed the base low and away from the panel. You found a good place and took prudent precaution to prevent magnetizing a steel tube near the placement of the mag compass.
              Brooks Cone
              Southeast Michigan
              Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• alaskabearhawk
                alaskabearhawk commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! I have a hand-held degausser and I plan on using it in the cabin when I'm dome welding everything.
            Working...
            X