Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY Downdraft Painting Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Downdraft Painting Table

The latest offering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAbI9eA9_Rk

There is a common name for a forum thread called "Tool of the day" which means something completely different. Your painting table might be the Tool of the Year. I never heard of it or thought of it but I want one. The folding top is also brilliant. You could drill some holes in it and use the top as a sanding table, especially for composites.

Make one out of sheet metal, patent it, and sell it to Harbor Freight. If I can't buy one soon, I will make one. Awesome idea and adaptation.

Comment

Yes I agree the folding top makes it. How many times do you need a paint booth (but when you do, they are essential), And then think how many times you need a flat horizontal surface in a shop...
      As for me, this fit the bill for small parts. Not as marketable as yours but it worked. Sorta.
      Very nice, thanks for posting!
      Attached Files
      Mark
      Scratch building Patrol #275
      Hood River, OR

Comment

• alaskabearhawk
        alaskabearhawk commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks just fine to me...love the light grid as the surface!

Chewie, yours isn't as nice but it looks more like something I would make and use for 8.3 years.

I like the paint booth part and being able to grind composites. I have ground way to much fiberglass with 36 grit discs. Always moon suited up on big jobs, but it is the little jobs you don't want to go to the time and effort and just want to grind for 5-30 seconds. Fiberglass sucks, but CF will shorten your life.

My next shop, which I will own, will have a downdraft paint booth/sanding table. Love it.

Comment

Paul;

The data you collected and shared about the resistance of your duct was interesting. A Curved run vs Straight.....results.....

I took that data and apply it to SCAT tube, oil coolers, and hot oil temp issues some have. Very interesting. Good data!! Insightful!!
        Brooks Cone
        Southeast Michigan
        Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Working...
        X