Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spar attach angles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spar attach angles

Hello everyone, I have a question about rivets on the .032 attach angles rib-to-spar. The plans indicate (5) 470 AD4 rivets for the spar surface of this connection, but do I use AD3's for the rib surface of this connection? (Noting the .025 right angle stiffeners along the ribs use AD3)

DWG 3B When this direction "TYP" is used "MS20470AD4 TYP" that means unless otherwise noted all rivets are AD4. So you use AD4 for all rib/spar or 0.032 angle/spar/rib connections. Rib 0.025 stiffener angles are AD3.
    Last edited by Sir Newton; 12-30-2021, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying!

Comment

Not sure I agree because on the patrol drawing "Typ" appears multiple times.
        "Typ" is used to communicate that nearby comparable features are to be interpreted the same as the call-out indicated on drawing. So Typ does not mean all rivets lacking a call-out, only those included in that specific set of features e.g. angle to spar hole pattern.
        The fastener from attach angle to rib could be stated more clearly, I agree.
        Mark
        Scratch building Patrol #275
        Hood River, OR

Comment

My 4 place A model plans page 6 have a note with arrow pointing directly to a rivet on rib mount angle that states "MS20470-3AD rivets typ at all angles to ribs".

Comment

I am referring to mobel B wings. "DWG 3B" for BH5. Not asking clarification on the model was a oversight on my part.
            Last edited by Sir Newton; 01-01-2022, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X