Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Port side cargo doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port side cargo doors

On another note, do seaplanes normally have the cargo door on the port side? If so, has any scratch-builders built a left-sided double door BH 4-place? I couldn't find anything searching the forum for this.

There is a BH on Barnstormers right now with left side cargo doors. Or fly from the right seat on floats?

Comment

Originally posted by svyolo View Post
      There is a BH on Barnstormers right now with left side cargo doors. Or fly from the right seat on floats?
      Ah. Kind of uncanny timing. Good to see that it has been done. Having that option is another benefit of scratch-building, right?

Comment

It depends on the aircraft. Some do, some don't. A Maule has the door on the right side, C206 right side, Beaver on the left, etc. They are both wheel and float planes. It's no problem to flip the door to the left side if you are scratch-building..

Comment

I ordered and received my BH5 kit with a left hand cargo door for floats.

Comment

My 4-Place was built with the cargo door on the left. I can't imagine having it on the right, or if I do imagine it, I imagine it would be much less convenient.

Comment

Working...
            X