Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started

Two weeks ago our kit arrived in Rotorua New Zealand after a rather long cruise. I have to say finally having it in our garage and starting has been daunting.

Thanks to everyone so far that have encouraged the boys and I to give building our own aircraft a go.

Congrats! Some beautiful country to fly around there, that should keep you motivated!

Comment

I know that feeling: Oh my God! What have I done? But then you start doing stuff, and you find you can do all of the little things that have to be done. Pretty soon, you quit worrying about "building an airplane" and just concentrate on doing the step you're working on today. As someone once said "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time..." I'm no longer even attempting to forecast my completion date. When someone asks, I tell them "I'll be done Tuesday – but don't ask me WHICH Tuesday..."
      Jim Parker
      Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
      RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

I've been working on a 5-7 year estimated completion date for the last 5-7 years.
        Christopher Owens
        Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
        Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
        Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Great job Simon - I know how much money and effort it takes to get one of those planes all the way down to the southern hemisphere!

I'm at the stage where I need to just buy a kit:
          I've finished my workshop, I've got my tools sorted, and I only need to fly into Canberra this Sunday to pass my PPL flight examination, so that's sorted. :-)

The dollar is killing us though - do you know anyone else in NZ who wants to sell a QB kit?

James
          The Barrows Bearhawk: Who knew my wife could get jealous of a plane?

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
            The dollar is killing us though - do you know anyone else in NZ who wants to sell a QB kit?

James
            I know a little about the QB kit Bearhawks in NZ; none are for sale as of last week.

Comment

Working...
            X