Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windshield for sale. New, no scratches, 3 pieces for cheaper shipping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield for sale. New, no scratches, 3 pieces for cheaper shipping!

Expensive lesson. So there I was, all proud and trying out my brand new fuselage rotisserie I just finished. Test role 1 and 2 was great. Perfectly balanced! Then I moved to the back to feel out the tail clearance. And BAM! There lay my pretty windshield in 3 pieces. I bet I only do this once! Now that I get to go shopping, whose tried the clear, gray and green tint? This one was gray tint and I'm not sure I liked the clarity of view through it (yes protection peeled off). Will be flying floats one day and would like good visibility of the water. Any thoughts / experience on color?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

40 years ago, building RC models, I built 2 left wings. Worse, I think I did it more than once.

Comment

My thoughts about color are that any tint reduces light transmission. Tints should reduce the heat in the summer, but reduce vision all the time. Mine is clear and I wear sunglasses any time the sun is up. When the sun has set, landing at dusk, I don't think I'd want a tinted windshield. But, us dinosaurs don't see as well as the young studs...

Bill

Comment

Bill, Thank you for the input. I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

I've enjoyed the clear. Sorry to hear about the damage, was it just not attached?

Comment

I really like the clear windscreen.

Comment

Even people with great vision lose capability as they age. My vision was always 20/15 or a bit better, but the last 5 years I need reading glasses, especially in low light. In sunlight I can read a newspaper with no glasses just fine.

Sunglasses to me are like low light. I do where them in the cockpit during the day, but I always take them off for landing. I just can't focus. I am buying a clear canopy as well.

Comment

Jared, Yes, it was just not attached. It was on the fuselage when I bought the pre-owned kit and I "assumed" it was jammed in the upper groove pretty solid. Apparently not. Oh well, can only get back up and keep on pushing. (And try not to think of what piece of Avionics I could have bought for that price.)

Comment

Working...
                X