Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Pipe Routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pipe Routing

There is probably a very simple answer to this, but I can't see it......

Right, rear fuel down-pipe, running behind the former between the right and pax doors - how do you get it around the top hinge and past the top tube without it interfering with the pax door jamb?

It's a tricky area. I just put a bend in mine, so it made its way over the hinge, and left it poking out a bit. It's not secured in my install.
    If you are worried about passengers interfering with it, don't worry Never been a problem despite every kind of passenger you can imagine. But then again, you can wrap the door post and fuel line in fabric for a little nicer cosmetic finish. I bet someone else has a more elegant solution.

Comment

Sorry, still don't see it........

The pipe must go behind the top hinge otherwise the door can't open. Then the only option seems to be to wrap around the top rail in the corner. This would require a very tight bend and close fit to avoid interference with the pax door jamb - besides looking unsightly and inelegant....

Comment

Are you thinking of routing the tube outboard? Inboard it works better. Mark

Comment

Paul
          Found these pics in the bearhawk web page http://bearhawkaircraft.com/wp-conte...4/IMG_5178.jpg
          they might help. Peter Stevens 0540 powered bearhawk 4 place.
          regards peter

Comment

OK - got it, thanks......

Comment

I realize most folks route the lines inboard and around the door pillar. But there seems to be enough space on the left side rear to route outboard if I run it through the top of the aluminium door former.

Is there something that I’m not aware of why we shouldn’t do this ? I’m thinking it would hide the fuel line from view. Then I’ve potentially got 3 out of 4 lines tucked out of sight. Just working on the 4th - slightly more difficult but there will be a way to do that too I’m sure

07B52225-9C13-4A2F-8394-2251DF08E53A.jpeg
              Nev Bailey
              Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
              YouTube - Build and flying channel
              Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

Working...
              X