Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinch me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinch me

After lots of talk and no action, I finally acted and bought a beautiful Bearhawk. Today is the official day and I am in DEN going to the plane now. The wx is looking a bit punky so if not today, perhaps I can get out tomorrow and head home.

I am so looking forward to some great adventures and more than anything I'm looking forward to taking my Dad up. The RV is a little difficult to get in and out of and he likes the Bearhawks a lot better anyway.

Cate'
    aka; Cathy
    aka; DemoDoll

PS I brought my camping gear with me and sure wouldn't mind dropping into someplace nice along the way back to Tucson.open to suggestions.
    Last edited by DemoDollCate; 05-27-2016, 10:55 AM.

Congatulations! Anxious to hear the details of your airplane and your trip home.

Comment

Well, it's not like you've never flown one before!

Congrats! You're a lucky girl!
      Christopher Owens
      Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
      Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
      Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Glad to hear it Cate - You have a been a very big part of the Bearhawk community for so many years, its about time that you got one for your own enjoyment. Have fun!
        Eric Newton
        Eric Newton - Long Beach, MS
        Bearhawk Tailwheels and Builder's Manuals
        http://bhtailwheels.com

Comment

For those of you who do not know Cate, she did our demo flying for a couple years back when it was just my BH. No Patrol or LSA. She bought a good 540 powered BH that I had the chance to take an incredible flight in once out of Birchwood near Anchorage. Cate is a really nice lady, a great pilot, and will be a fantastic ambassador for the Bearhawk community. Welcome back. Mark

Comment

Congrats Cate. There is a great airport (10C) with a cabin and a fishing pond near me. It is really nice and only a 'little' out of your way (near Chicago). :-)

You gave a demo flight to me and my father at Oshkosh several years ago, starting my journey of building my own Bearhawk.

Best wishes,
            Patrick

Comment

Hooray! It's time to start putting together another Beartracks issue, would you like to write a piece about this adventure? And also, if you want to consider getting set up to offer transition training, we should talk about that. There may be a way to do it through a single LODA if you are interested.

Comment

Congratulations Cathy, that's awesome news. Once Kevin gets in the air we'll have a 5 ship 4 seat Air Force to explore the southwest. 6 planes when Lynn is around. We are planning the usual Bacon Strip camp out the second weekend in October but this year we will follow it up with some Utah backcountry before heading for Copperstate. Hope you can arrange to make all or some. What's going to happen to Pop Tart? Pat

Comment

Congrats, Cathy! I'm about a month away from finishing the RV-3 then on to the Patrol. Liking retirement a lot.

Earl

Comment

https://www.backcountrypilot.org/for...k-n-home-19324

Above is a link to the trip home. Please accept my apologies if a link is inappropriate. I'll remove the link if it doesn't follow protocol.

I went to A39 monday to surprise my Dad. It was all I could do not to spill the beans before flying in. Funny though that who else was there at the same time....Scott and Kevin in Scott's BH.

So my count locally is Scott, Kevin very soon, me, Karl.....in AZ. Who else in AZ?
                    Then Pat and Russ in CA.

Strangely enough, I have not yet found my Bearhawk mojo. Ask Scott and Kevin, they saw me do 4 landings at once. No training by me until I figure this out again. Flying my RV has made me soft. A39 was my 4th landing. Yesterday I went and did a few more. They're coming along.

Earl, great to hear from you. Earl and I worked together and he recently retired. Maybe when you finish your 3 you can sell it to me. Then I can sell Pop Tart and use the 3 for my formation and acro fix.

Jarod, I'm happy to tell the tales of my little trip. It was kind of quick in the end since I wasn't near ready to hop into all the airports on my original route plan. I guess a few tol's before leaving CO would have been a good idea.
                    Last edited by DemoDollCate; 06-01-2016, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Chris In Milwaukee
                      Chris In Milwaukee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm cool with the link. Why type it twice? :-)

Your Bearhawk is nearly a perfect color match for your RV. It's like they were meant to be together!
                    Christopher Owens
                    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
                    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
                    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Chris In Marshfield View Post
                      Your Bearhawk is nearly a perfect color match for your RV. It's like they were meant to be together!
                      Sure looks that way doesn't it.
                      I only owned one plane that didn't have a name and that didn't work out well at all, so I'll be putting a name to this Bearhawk when something strikes me.

Comment

I just discovered we have another flying four place at Fallbrook, north of San Diego. Get Cal and Mike to come down and we could have 8 Bearhawks at Bacon. Wouldn't that be something! Pat

Comment

Working...
                        X