Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk BBQ @OSH17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk BBQ @OSH17

Good morning all,

If you've received your Beartracks newsletter for this quarter, you've no doubt read that we'll be having the annual Bearhawk BBQ on Tuesday night at 6:00p. Jared will be unable to attend, so I'll be handling the logistics of the event this year.

I'll be setting up camp on July 14 this year, and will have the location for you all shortly after. I try to always get the same spot every year, and we'll see if I get lucky again. Now that EAA is doing chapter camping, a lot of times they'll have large areas blocked off for chapters before I get there, and I've had to shuffle my spot a couple of times in the last couple of years. But I'm hoping to stay close to the "usual spot".

If you plan to attend, please feel free to email me at cowens (at) cnw (dot) com, send me a text message (phone number in Jared's email), or PM me on the forum with the number in attendance. I'll gladly add you to the list! This helps us make sure we order the correct amount of food for the event.

I'll update the group with the location soon. Stay tuned!

~Chris
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

RSVPs are starting to arrive! Please feel free to email, PM, or text me if you're attending. I'll add you to the list. I'll place the list at the Bearhawk booth (North Aircraft Display) on Sunday and you can stop by, visit Mark Goldberg , buy a plane, and put your name on the list.
    Christopher Owens

Comment

Okay, got the spot! Same place as last year. 44th St. Just south of Lindbergh in Camp Scholler. The map in Beartracks is spot on! See you all Tuesday!
      Christopher Owens

Comment

Chris, I usually tell Jared but you are in charge this year. I have been harvesting nice watermelons and will bring a couple for the BH get together. If there was a big tub or ice chest to chill them down it would be great. Thanks for your effort to make this event happen. Mark

Comment

Excellent! Your watermelons are unequaled! I'll be sure to have a cooler with some ice for you.
          Christopher Owens

Comment

One more week to go! If you haven't signed up to attend the BH BBQ, and you know you're going to be there, please feel free to send jaredyates or myself a note with the number attending, including yourself. I've ordered food, but can make last minute adjustments to the order if we need to. Each year the BBQ has grown a little bit more, with over 100 in attendance for the past two or three.

Count on good food, amazing fresh watermelon from Mark Goldberg , and great friends! It's worth the visit!

Here's a map of the campground and our location:

2017map.png
            It can't get here quickly enough!

​​​​​​​~Chris
            Christopher Owens

Comment

Man, I wish I was going to be able to go this year... Poor planning to have grandkids being born in the middle of OSH week... Sheesh!
              Jim Parker
              Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
              RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

• Chris In Milwaukee
                Chris In Milwaukee commented
                Editing a comment
                There will be others!

• jaredyates
                jaredyates commented
                Editing a comment
                Other grandkids, he means.

Myself and the family will likely attend. 2 adults+4 kids. Let me know if I need to rsvp more formally. Clint

Comment

Just arrived in Oshkosh and set up camp at Sleepy Hollow , myself and my wife will be there.
              looking forward to meeting Y'all.
              Frank

Comment

Just checked the Wx forecast for next week. Wonderful!

Bill

Comment

• Flygirl1
                Flygirl1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Dennis & I got here last night. We thought we would get in on Fri., but those Patrols are so darn fast!🌞 As far as WX, we are sitting here in HBC row 318 and looking at the radar....yikes. 😬 Batton down the hatches!!

• Chris In Milwaukee
                Chris In Milwaukee commented
                Editing a comment
                We certainly have our weather swings around here!

It looks amazing!
              Christopher Owens

Comment

Originally posted by Chris In Milwaukee View Post
                RSVPs are starting to arrive! Please feel free to email, PM, or text me if you're attending. I'll add you to the list. I'll place the list at the Bearhawk booth (North Aircraft Display) on Sunday and you can stop by, visit Mark Goldberg , buy a plane, and put your name on the list.
                PM sent

Comment

Thanks for all who have submitted your RSVP for Tuesday's BH BBQ! It's nice to get a head count ahead of time to help with food preparation. I've printed the list and will be bringing it with me to Oshkosh in a few hours. I'll have it at Mark Goldberg 's AviPro/Bearhawk booth around lunchtime today, if all goes well with packing and such. Please feel free to drop by the booth, say hi to Mark, buy a Bearhawk kit, and put your name on the list.

See you all Tuesday night!

~Chris
                  Christopher Owens

Comment

Chris, the watermelons are at the booth. MG

Comment

Working...
                    X