Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robbie Statton's Bearhawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbie Statton's Bearhawk

Came across a youtube video called Bearhawk William. Thought it was a Bearhawk I had never seen pictures of before, N56219. Turns out it is a heavily modified version of the Bearhawk that Robbie Statton built and showed at Oshkosh many years ago. Makes me wonder if it was wrecked and rebuilt. Changes I see are a total new paint job, original landing gear removed and replaced with Cessna spring type gear, two blade prop instead of 3 blade, and the instrument panel is somewhat different. According to the FAA, was exported to Kenya a few years ago.

Robbie sold his BH to a missionary pilot in Kenya. Robbie originally built his BH with a 540 and 3 blade prop. Heavy interior. He decided to put it on a diet it by replacing the 540 with an IO390, using a lighter prop, and for the fun of it changed to a Grove spring gear which required quite a bit of modification. When asked about it later, he told me he couldn't really identify any benefits of the spring gear - that he had done it for the fun of trying something different. Mark

Comment

I think it also has a different cowling, from memory? Full fibreglass two halves, from the looks.

It is very customised, which is quite neat. That's the beauty of experimental.

Comment

Working...
      X