Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone Tried the T3 Tailwheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Tried the T3 Tailwheel?

Just curious if anyone has experience with the T3 Suspension Tailwheel on a Bearhawk? They claim to have one for the Bearhawk in development: http://www.airframesalaska.com/T3-Ta...ems-s/1899.htm
    Shop the T3 Tailwheel Suspension Systems line of shock-absorbing coilspring taildragger setups.
    Rob Caldwell
    Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
    EAA Chapter 309
    Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
    YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
    1st Flight May 18, 2021

There’s a couple threads on here about it. Blackrock was the first to install one on a BH. Search Blackrock and T3 and I’m sure you’ll find it.
    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

I’ve got one on my experimental Supercub but I’m going with the stinger on my BH rebuild.

Comment

Hellchicken, having experienced the T3, what was your decision-making process for going with the stinger? (Just curious, as the T3 seems great for airplanes designed for flat-spring. Last I talked with them, they still had not figured out any structurally sound way to mount in on fuselages designed for the stinger-type gear.)
        Jim Parker
        Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
        RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

It works really well to soften out any hard tail first landings..... no rebound (when set up correctly ) it tracks well and softens bumps while taxiing also. And when I’m out in the supercub, all of the off airport stuff I do is pretty rough and challenging. I guess I don’t really look at the BH the same way . Don’t get me wrong, the BH is going off road for sure just not as extreme. I think the stinger is better for speed and also does well with pretty rough stuff. I just don’t wanna be as hard on the BH as I am the supercub. .... it’s gonna be my.... get somewhere pretty fast , carry a lot machine and still be able to land on an unimproved strip when I get there. The T3 would work great on the BH I’m sure. For me , it just personal choice.

Comment

Working...
          X