Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N507SR New Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N507SR New Owner

I bought the remains of N507SR from eBay yesterday. I hold plans #864, having bought the plans a long time ago. With a left wing and a set of gear in storage from another Bearhawkers incident, I hope to be fairly on my way to making 864 a reality. I have a low time IO-470 and prop sitting in my hangar I'd want to use as well.

Anyway, does anyone have any history on this aircraft? I will likely be picking it up on Friday, but haven't seen it yet. I'm looking for basic info, like if it is a B wing or original wing, etc.

Thanks

Airworthiness issued 2015 so that's most probably an "A" wing. Photos show flat elevators and square windows, so that lends credence to it being a pre-Bravo build. Don't know if it was kit or plans built, others may have more info.
    Dave B.
    Plane Grips Co.
    www.planegrips.com

Comment

Originally posted by Archer39J View Post
      Airworthiness issued 2015 so that's most probably an "A" wing. Photos show flat elevators and square windows, so that lends credence to it being a pre-Bravo build. Don't know if it was kit or plans built, others may have more info.
      Where are these photos you speak of? Google draws a blank.

Comment

Probably this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Bearha...RazUET&vxp=mtr

Hmmmm.... Looks like the photos have been taken down or something.
        Christopher Owens
        Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
        Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
        Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

As of this post I can still flip through them.
          Dave B.
          Plane Grips Co.
          www.planegrips.com

Comment

From the serial number it appears to a plans built BH. Mark

Comment

Well if you need a right hand flap I have an extra..lol

Comment

What is it with people ground looping? Lots of nice airplanes getting whacked by poor pilots.

Comment

Oh wow, it looks like the entire fuselage is bent...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Shame to see such a nice bird worth thousands and thousands of hours, bent into a ball. Good on you for rebuilding it!
                s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Comment

Isn’t this the BH that was ground looped (suffering typical ground loop damage) then tossed by a wind storm?
                  Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Originally posted by whee View Post
                    Isn’t this the BH that was ground looped (suffering typical ground loop damage) then tossed by a wind storm?
                    I think that was this formerly beautiful machine:
                    http://sky4buy.com/2011-BEARHAWK-600...97843281/02126

UNFORTUNATELY, HE EXPERIENCED A GROUND LOOP DURING A NIGHT LANDING ON HIS PRIVATE STRIP, WHICH DAMAGED THE RIGHT SIDE LANDING GEAR. BEFORE HE COULD SECURE THE AIRPLANE, A GUST OF WIND FLIPPED IT OVER, WITH THE LEFT WING ON A CATTLE FENCE.
                    0.jpg

The wreck is still listed for sale, originally they wanted thousands of $$, now listed for 99c... It almost looks like they never sold it!! But I can't believe that to be true.

Comment

BEEN there done that, scratched all paint off hubcap etc, etc.... This poor pilot can suggest solution to that problem. call me 318 347-6840.

Comment

Tucson864

You are among friends here in AZ.
                        Several of us here are well versed in the noble
                        act of said Bearhawk utilization and restoration. If desired pm me at Bearhawk272@gmail.com
                        My power plant is IO-470D.

Comment

Picked it up yesterday and trailered it home. It’s a quick build with a 540 mount and aux tanks. Panel looks nice and there is a Lightspeed electronic ignition still installed, along with other goodies. Fuselage damage isn’t horrible. The left wing will be a parts donor for the far less damaged one I have in storage. The right wing will need a skin replacement, but the old skin can be used as a pattern. Yeah, not a bad deal. I am not disappointed.

Comment

Tucson864, Will you be selling any parts? I know you said you need my flap so maybe we can trade a few things?

Comment

Working...
                            X