Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Forum Channel for Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Channel for Maintenance

I have mixed feelings about having lots of categories (channels) in the forum. On the one hand, it is nice to allow folks to skip a topic if they aren't interested in it. On the other, sometimes it is hard to separate a thread into just one category, because it could really apply to multiple categories.

I got a suggestion from Battson to create a separate category for Maintenance, so I have, down in the flying section. I did this firstly because his presence here is extremely valuable, and I value anything he has to say. Secondly, I think it's a good idea because as we build, we get focused on building. For me, once it was time to fly, it occurred to me that I needed to revisit all of those maintenance related ideas that I had dismissed during building. By having those threads in their own channel, it will be easier to do that.

The hobby of airplane building has taught me so much about many things. As a pilot I have grown some, but as a mechanic I have grown lots. All of the sub-optimal conditions I have encountered in flying the Bearhawk have been the result of poor maintenance, either because of a lack of knowledge, or from errors that could have been trapped with a better understanding of human factors.

Please share what you have learned to help others (and me) be better mechanics so that we can fly safer airplanes! And if you have a thread that you'd like for me to move to the new category, please point it out and we'll get it moved.

Jared;
    Maintenance issues are feedback for builders. Maybe you change something slightly to help/reduce maintenance. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Comment

Working...
    X