Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Height of Avipro rear seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Height of Avipro rear seat

While sitting in the rear seat taking measurements for the harnesses I ordered, I realized I had virtually no headroom and I'm not that tall, I'm afraid the seats I built are too high off the floor. Could someone with the Avipro bench seat measure from the floor to the center of the T14 cross tubes at the front and back of the seat bench.

Hi Rod. I can not help you with measrement now. But I can say that first rear seats from factory left little headroom. After dozen kits or so we realized this and lowered seats couple inches. Mark

Comment

• rodsmith
      rodsmith commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm afraid that is what I need to do. Wish I had asked this question before building them instead of scaling off a diagram that said not to scale.

I have a Avipro kit Patrol. For the rear seat, the top of the front cross tube 9 1/2" above the floor. The top of the rear tube is 4 1/2" above the floor.

John Ciolino

Comment

• rodsmith
      rodsmith commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you John, not sure if it directly corresponds to the 4-place.

Hey Rod... I built my seat and I put it on the floor of the shop to take the measurements. The front tube measures 7 1/2 inches and the back tube 4 1/8th inches off the floor.

Paul 20180730_185845.jpg20180730_185916.jpg20180730_185809.jpg

Comment

[QUOTE=alaskabearhawk;n39546]Hey Rod... I built my seat and I put it on the floor of the shop to take the measurements. The front tube measures 7 1/2 inches and the back tube 4 1/8th inches off the floor.

Thanks Paul, thats about 1/2 shorter than mine. Still would like to know the height of the newer Avipro bench seat, I know I need to shorten mine, but too short isn't good either.

Comment

Where do you get the plans for the rear seat. I ordered the plans for the front seats but I don’t see any for the rear seat?

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Ramsey View Post
          Where do you get the plans for the rear seat. I ordered the plans for the front seats but I don’t see any for the rear seat?
          No plans available, there was a couple diagrams of it in the July 2001 newsletter, with some dimensions given, but not the height of the legs, also said not to scale.

Comment

I'm still hoping someone can get me the height dimensions for the Bearhawk rear bench seat from someone with an Avipro kit. Could be measured either installed or sitting on the floor. Looking for the height of the front and rear cross tubes.

Comment

• alaskabearhawk
              alaskabearhawk commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know if this helps but I did copy some details from Rob Taylor's rear seat when I made mine. He has a quick build kit. Next time I'm at his son's shop I'll try to get some measurements.
              Last edited by alaskabearhawk; 08-04-2018, 01:42 PM.

Rod,mine are Avipro and they measure the same as Paul's off the floor. 7.5 & 4.125

Comment

Thanks Charles, what is your kit# and was the measurement to the center or top of the tubes?

Comment

Rod I don,t have a kit#, I scratch built the wings then bought a basic fuselage. The quality and time savings for me was so great I went ahead and purchased everything else. The seats are 1.5 - 2 years old. The measurement is from setting on the table to center of tubes.

Comment

• rodsmith
                  rodsmith commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks again Charles, Mark had said the earliest seats they made were taller. Mine are about a 1/2 taller so I guess there just isn't a lot of headroom in the backseat. Will probably go with less foam thickness in the rear seats.
              Working...
              X