Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desser 27.5 tundra tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Cubs are getting pretty spendy as well. I won't even mention Carbon Cubs.

Comment

Originally posted by svyolo View Post
      Super Cubs are getting pretty spendy as well. I won't even mention Carbon Cubs.
      Well at least someone is buying them so in 20 years there are reasonably priced Cubs still on the market that aren't 100 years old.

The tire and airplane discussion come up around here a lot. And for some reason a pa18 and a 185 are the ultimate aircraft in people's minds.

But most people with a 185 would do much better... haul more even, and cost less, with a Cherokee 6 or possibly a 206. Most of the pa18 through C180 drivers would do better with a 182.

I like tailwheel airplanes. But I'm turning mine into a shopping cart so...

Here's a 206 not off airport. That's a strip. It does fine. The vast majority of people are not landing on worse than that.
      And to that, I bet the 206 has more hours flying the Bush than every other type of aircraft combined.
      Last edited by zkelley2; 10-08-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• rodsmith
        rodsmith commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting deflectors behind the main wheels.

• zkelley2
        zkelley2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rocks into the horizontal is a big problem with most planes on gravel. If you have any tread on your tires it like to fling rocks and dent your tail and also hit the back side of the prop.
    Working...
    X