Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aileron cables inside of wing strut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not attach a fairlead here using an Adele clamp and an AN3 bolt? My cables rub similar to others at the top of the strut. I like the nylon rub blocks but thought this might be easy and elegant. Also easy to remove/replace if needed
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• AKKen07
      AKKen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is there any chance the adel clamp will swivel on the bolt and get crooked to the cable? That’s the only downside I can think of… good idea!

• svyolo
      svyolo commented
      Editing a comment
      The cable will "billow" along the length. It might be better to enter the strut on the high side, and exit on the high side, so that the cable can billow. I was an early B kit, and a few of us had fitment issues. My fix puts the cable entering high. A fairlead would have it entering more in the middle. The Billow would contact the strut. I don't know if that is a defect, or perfectly OK. I don't have a "solution". Just an opinion.

I'm with Ken on this one. There is no assurance the adel clamp won't pivot on the fastener. I like Russ Erb's solution. (see attached)

2008_12260012.jpg

Comment

Yes! Love that idea

Comment

Working...
      X