Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trim tab torque tube lubrication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim tab torque tube lubrication

Before I close up my stabilizers I want to know what you guys used to lube the trim torque tubes that will cause the least amount of mess if it oozes out. Also how often does this have to be done? I imagine you can get lube in later with one of these tiny lubricant straws that come with many spray lubes but it seems that would leave a mess. Any thoughts. Thanks

Tim, I have never lubricated those 1/2" tubes that do rotate in the hor stabs when the trim is moved. But it is not a bad idea. Some light oil in the tube bearings like LPS2 might be good. Mark

Comment

I'm using a very light brush coat of Permatex Anti-Seize.
      Rob Caldwell
      Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
      EAA Chapter 309
      Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
      YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
      1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Fluid Film is good stuff.
        FLUID FILM® is Eureka’s own unique lanolin-based brand of corrosion preventive and lubricant, used worldwide in a multitude of industries and applications.
        Brooks Cone
        Southeast Michigan
        Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• Bdflies
          Bdflies commented
          Editing a comment
          Brooks mentioned this stuff a while back. I got curious and bought a can at my local Lowes. It really is a good medium viscosity spray lube. Smells sorta different, but it is a nice product.

Bill

I used NAS516-1A flush grease fittings on the underside of the trim tabs as well as the flap tube bearings. Welded a dime sized piece of .063 before drilling the 1/8th hole to get the needed thickness. Wish I had known about them before doing the rudder/elevator bearings.

Last edited by rodsmith; 02-13-2019, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• BravoGolf
          BravoGolf commented
          Editing a comment
          Great solution. I am ordering those.
      Working...
      X