Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynon CHT/EGT Brown Leads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynon CHT/EGT Brown Leads

Does anyone know if it is permissible to cut the brown lead wires at different lengths to clean up installation? I know some of the older J and K type leads for other sensing products had to be kept at the same length. Have an inquiry to Dynon but no reply yet.
    Thanks

Steve
    P203

I cut them, and all is well. On second thought, perhaps this is the explanation for all that is wrong in my life.

Comment

I cut mine as well on a different aircraft. No problems so far. From the install manual

Wire length of CHT/EGT harnesses supplied by Dynon Avionics is not critical. It is acceptable to cut the thermocouple (brown) wire of the CHT/EGT harness to shorten the appropriate length for your installation. It is recommended to not cut the “armored” portion of the cable near the sensor end of the CHT or EGT sensors.

page 7-44 in my manual
      Last edited by BravoGolf; 05-06-2019, 02:08 PM.
      Scott Ahrens
      Bearhawk Patrol Plans Built

Comment

Thanks so much. My manual only has 6 pages in chapter 7. Thats why it’s titled “For Dummies” on the front cover. You obviously have the more in depth version.
        Continue wiring.
        thanks again

Comment

Cut and connected all sensors. All 10 temp sensors are reading within 3 degrees of each other. All is well.

Comment

Cutting them is fine.

Comment

Working...
            X