Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel sight gauges and the Canadian MDRA inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel sight gauges and the Canadian MDRA inspection

Hello everyone.....hope everyone is doing well...

I'm working on my wings and was wondering what's going on with the MDRA(Canadian inspection agency)...and fuel sight gauges...have they come down against this as an item on new Canadian planes?..is there an exceptable work around?

I've read a few things on here that lead me to think that they don't want any chance of a fuel leak in the cockpit...

Any builder comments on this are welcome......if we're running fuel lines near cockpit anyways I'm wondering what thier concerns are...

Last edited by way_up_north; 08-25-2019, 08:57 PM.

Save running the fuel lines externally, it's not possible to eliminate cockpit fuel leak possibilty.

I guess you could make it a wing pylon mounted twin and run the fuel lines straight to the engine with no cross feed possibilty, hahaha!

which.... could be a really fun project.
    Last edited by zkelley2; 08-25-2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

That makes no sense to me whatsoever. Fuel lines run all over inside the fuselage in both certified and experimental planes.

Comment

Did you see Beartracks 2018, Fourth Quarter, p.8 last paragraph on the the Curtis Penner Patrol? He had to install shutoff valves on the sight gages.
        Brooks Cone
        Southeast Michigan
        Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• JimParker256
          JimParker256 commented
          Editing a comment
          And that requirement forced Curtis to add at least 4 more junctions where a leak could occur (2 on each wing root, for the upper and lower fittings). Meanwhile, the two fuel lines from each tank run all the way to the fuel selector – through the cockpit! – with no shutoff valve until the fuel selector... Sometimes, you have to recognize that there is such a thing as "the logic-free zone..."
      Working...
      X