Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Mount Bolts - Lube - Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Mount Bolts - Lube - Bushings

I'm starting LSA gear fab and had a question for guys with higher time Bearhawks.

How are you handling lubrication of the gear mount bolts and have you noticed any play/wear developing in the gear leg bore or bolts?

ISA140, 275 hrs and two many landings to count as my 15 year old grandson is learning, NO problems. Stinger

Comment

I replace all my gear bolts at annual. Cheap compared to the alternative. Especially on the tail. The leaf spring to fuselage bolt has been bent on both annuals. And I found the rear right gear leg to fuselage bolt bent last year. MF to get them out. New ones go in perfect.

Comment

• Battson
        Battson commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't found those bolts bend. Others yes, not those two locations

Originally posted by stinger View Post
      ISA140, 275 hrs and two many landings to count as my 15 year old grandson is learning, NO problems. Stinger
      Glad to hear the LSA is doing well and you are able to pass down flying to your grandson in an airplane built with your hands. That is very cool.

I replace all my gear bolts at annual. Cheap compared to the alternative. Especially on the tail. The leaf spring to fuselage bolt has been bent on both annuals. And I found the rear right gear leg to fuselage bolt bent last year. MF to get them out. New ones go in perfect.
      That rear gear attach point sees some very high loads on a hard hit with the Bearhawk gear/shock strut geometry.

Comment

Working...
      X