Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Tube videos Bearhawk Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Tube videos Bearhawk Blog

I have been spending some time watching videos on You Tube by a builder who goes by Bearhawk Blog. I highly recommend them. The videos have great info on flight testing and some absolutely beautiful scenery in New Zealand. Well done Bearhawk Blog.

Nev’s videos are great
    N678C
    https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
    Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

Originally posted by Utah-Jay View Post
      Nev’s videos are great
      What is his handle here on th forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Berniepiet View Post

What is his handle here on th forum?
        Nev.
        he is pretty active. I'm sure he will be by shortly!

Comment

Nev

I really enjoyed his last video where he repeatedly demonstrated short field landings. Just confirms my method for landing the Bearhawk.
          Rob Caldwell
          Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
          EAA Chapter 309
          Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
          YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
          1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks very much - very glad if some of you find the videos helpful.

Nev.
            Last edited by Nev; 06-10-2022, 08:13 PM.
            Nev Bailey
            Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
            YouTube - Build and flying channel
            Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

Nev

I am loving your flying videos, especially the technical aspect of slow flight and approaches.
              N678C
              https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
              Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

Incidentally, I've added my "Flying the Bearhawk" pages to the build log, from consolidating my flying notes. These are the things I've learnt from talking to others, trial and error, pouring over the forums, and simply often times finding out what didn't work over and over, until I found out what did work.

Take-off and climb

Approach and landing

Rigging before first flight

Fuel system inflight

Weight & Balance & Engine selection

Cruise

Position error & Stall speed
                Nev Bailey
                Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
                YouTube - Build and flying channel
                Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

Originally posted by Berniepiet View Post
                  I have been spending some time watching videos on You Tube by a builder who goes by Bearhawk Blog. I highly recommend them. The videos have great info on flight testing and some absolutely beautiful scenery in New Zealand. Well done Bearhawk Blog.
                  Nev Bailey is a shining example of a perfect home builder: you retire from your career, you order your kit, you work on it full-time, finish it in just a bit over one year, and then you go to town with your new plane, flying it all over the loverly back country.

It is great to see that he continues to post videos even after completing his plane (which isn't that common; many homebuilders finish the plane and then stop making videos).

Comment

• robcaldwell
                    robcaldwell commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree. Nev has done a terrific job carrying the Bearhawk video torch!

"...many homebuilders finish the plane and then stop making videos..."

I know one of those guys. Life just gets in the way even though I had every intention of continuing my videoing. It's not recording the video, it's the editing that kills you.

• Jhankins
                    Jhankins commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Coming from someone who also makes videos (not BH videos just yet) not as a living but for fun, I agree with you a thousand percent Rob. I shot/edited/made my sisters wedding video. It ended up being 8 min long and I had well over 70 hour of editing into it. I envy the guys on here who have the time and determination to complete and post their BH videos. You are all a huge help and greatly appreciated!
                Working...
                X