Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air/Oil Separator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air/Oil Separator

I am researching what to do for my breather tube and really don’t want my belly skin full of oil.

Anti Splat Aero has some interesting stuff
    Anti-Splat-Aero is very proud to offer this new very much improved product “THE ASA OIL SEPARATOR” as a solution to the oil consumption and collection of oil on the belly of your aircraft. I for one was tired of lying on my back, trying to clean the bottom of my airplane. The breathers kick out oil mist that collects on the belly that in turn grabs all the dust and dirt. I purchased a similar looking unit from another manufacturer, installed it and it made little if any improvement. Looking at all the other available and similar products, with prices ranging from $250.00 to $850.00 we decided to create one that actually works and is affordable. For years we have been making this type of product used in automotive racing engines so the leap to a light weight aircraft unit was a small one. After many hours on the dynamometer many changes and hours of flight testing the effort was well worth it.  We now can offer for sale this very light weight (about 7.5 oz.) “ASA Oil Separator” that in our tests out performs most of the competition at a fraction of the price. We are convinced our unit is the most logical, simple and inexpensive device that can be manufactured and installed in an effort to address these breather oil issues. This great little unit installs in minutes and will pay for itself in oil savings alone. The product allows the engine to function and breath as designed without interfering with its dynamics or operation in any way. The oil separator simply removes the oil from the blow-by stream and vents off the moisture and acids that can potentially harm your engine. This type of product has been discussed in great depth with hundreds of posts, comments, questions, answers and opinions on all of the forums and many web sites as well. A vast amount of information is available there and makes for some very interesting as well as informative reading. We at Anti-Splat-Aero didn’t try to re-invent this product, we simply improved it and manufacture it at a realistic price.  Full installation and maintenance instructions will be included. We also have a video here at the bottom of this page that shows the product being made and tested. Please have a look at this as well. For the time being we are offering this product in white powder coat or polished mirror finish. As with all of our products and services give it a try, if you are not happy we will cheerfully refund your money. Please watch this brief demonstration video. Thanks

Anti-Splat-Aero is very proud to offer this installation kit that complements our product “THE ASA OIL SEPARATOR”. We have had many requests for these items in this simple kit and realize that it may be difficult for many people to obtain these items locally. So, by popular demand here is a complete installation kit with everything we think you may need to install the separator and vacuum valve assembly.  Included are three feet of high quality silicone hose, four quality hose clamps, one steel braid -4 AN Teflon oil return hose, one -4 AN X 1/8”  NPT 90 Deg. Fitting and one 1/8” X 3/8” NPT reducer bushing that fits the oil return in the accessory case on most Lycoming engines. Full installation and maintenance instructions will be included. We also have a video or slide show presentation here on our videos page that shows the products being made, tested and installed. Please have a look at this as well. As with all of our products and services give them a try, if you are not happy we will cheerfully refund your money.

This is our new “Safety Bypass Kit” we have created to eliminate any possibility of the vacuum valve installation plugging up, due to oil coking or failure. All that is required to install this bypass kit is to cut the hose from the separator to the exhaust mounted check valve, insert this “T”, and clamp it in line. The parts are all pre-assembled with the 24” hose, the high quality .5 psi relief valve pressed into the hose, the special high flow brass T, located and clamped in place for you. The kit comes with all the clamps etc. that match the standard or separator or saddle mount installation kits. This kit should last the life of your aircraft as it is only required to function as a pop-off in the unlikely event the exhaust fitting were to plug up. This installation should allow you to enjoy all of the advantages of having the Anti-Splat-Aero vacuum evacuation system on your aircraft, without the concerns of it causing any unwanted issues. It is still necessary to service (clean out) the exhaust tap at each oil change to ensure you are getting the most from your vacuum system. We have these in stocks now as a retrofit kit, and will be including them as standard equipment with our vacuum system installation kits in the future.

I must say I don’t know much about this stuff, looking for info though.
    N678C
    https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
    Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

I have their separator and it works quite well.

Comment

Anyone use this one?
      Super Slime Fighter Over 1000 Slime Fighter air/oil separators are now flying worldwide. This unique design eliminates the requirement for a separate drain return line which allows installation in minutes instead of hours.
      N678C

Comment

FWIW, I read a lot on the interwebs and spoke to a number of locals about having an AOS. As you would imagine the opinions vary, but I opted for no separator. I'll install one if I have a problem...and it will be a good problem to have since that means I'm flying!

Comment

Originally posted by Utah-Jay View Post
          I am researching what to do for my breather tube and really don’t want my belly skin full of oil..
          Hot tip - it's hard to avoid oil running all down the belly with a TCM / Lycoming, invest in some good two-pot paint and a few cans of engine degreaser.

These engines weep oil like nobody's business, never mind the breather. It seems to come from everywhere. The cylinder head return lines are a classic, so are the pushrod jacket seats.

For the first few hundred hours, the belly will be white with lead only. Then the oil slowly starts

It does help if you don't have oil from the breather making it worse, so do consider these products if you like. I don't have one installed, and I get next to no oil down the breather. Not overfilling the engine with oil helps, it doesn't need 12 quarts. Ensuring you don't get a pressurized crankcase helps too, take care of the cylinders

Comment

Oil that is going out the breather in gasified form has been subjected to more heat moisture and carbon , let it go don’t return it to the crankcase

Comment

Ok, update, I went with the Anti-Splat… But did not use the oil separator, I did use the crankcase valve in the breather tube option though
              N678C

Comment

Working...
              X