Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk demo flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk demo flight

I want to extend a sincere thanks to kestrel for inviting me up to get my first look and flight experience in a Bearhawk. He spent better than 2 hours showing us his wonderful plane and answering all of the questions I had, effectively removing all concerns I had about beginning my build.

Having the opportunity to try the plane on for size and getting answers were the big goals for our visit. We ended up getting 2 bonuses out of the visit as well. Tyson treated us to an early evening flight around the New Hampshire area where I was given the opportunity to get some stick time. And the best outcome was after we landed. My spouse was all smiles and gave me the final blessing to proceed.

Thanks again, Tyson!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

I enjoyed meeting the two of you and look forward to posts on the progress of your build.

Comment

Is that an electric flap actuator overhead in the picture?

Comment

Originally posted by svyolo View Post
        Is that an electric flap actuator overhead in the picture?
        Yes. I summarized it once in the old Yahoo Group and then re-summarized it here, but mostly based on links to material. All but one of those links no longer works.

The old broken post:
        A few people have been asking about the electric flap system in my 4 place Bearhawk. This information is in the old yahoo group, but thought it might be useful to

Short version:

- I didn't built it.
        - Simple and works, though the chosen actuator looks heavier than a stock install
        - My wife can easily fly the electric flaps. She (almost) can't get full flaps with a manual system.
        - I love that they don't bang down when sitting on the ramp with a tail wind.
        - The slow flaps don't bother me a bit. To dump lift on landing I lift the tail for the first 75 ft of braking then lower the tail.

Comment

• Nev
          Nev commented
          Editing a comment
          It's an idea that could catch on !

Originally posted by RobinDeMarco View Post
        I want to extend a sincere thanks to kestrel for inviting me up to get my first look and flight experience in a Bearhawk. He spent better than 2 hours showing us his wonderful plane and answering all of the questions I had, effectively removing all concerns I had about beginning my build.

Having the opportunity to try the plane on for size and getting answers were the big goals for our visit. We ended up getting 2 bonuses out of the visit as well. Tyson treated us to an early evening flight around the New Hampshire area where I was given the opportunity to get some stick time. And the best outcome was after we landed. My spouse was all smiles and gave me the final blessing to proceed.

Thanks again, Tyson!
        I had a similar experience with Eric Newton back in 2008, and have been happy to share the same whenever possible. I look forward to seeing your plane one day and hearing about someone being inspired by a ride in it!

Comment

Working...
        X