Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric bearhawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric bearhawk

Electric Bearhawk

Ummmmm…ok. And?

Comment

sorry for the incomplete start to ultralight project inquiry. Hoping for info from the skunks works on its evolution/status.

Comment

if you think that's a great idea--- have a look at the chinese car that EXPLODED and shot the driver about 300 feet in the air---
        and he came down with a splat. It appeared to be his battery pack exploding. that would make for a WHOLE new world of fail modes that we have never dreamed about------

Comment

• kestrel
          kestrel commented
          Editing a comment
          Show the evidence.

• Battson
          Battson commented
          Editing a comment
          Many stories of EVs exploding are just based on imagery from regular car accidents.... There's clickbait garbage everywhere.
          Over here EVs are everywhere, you see dozens every day. They aren't catching fire around my neighbourhood...

The most recent update on Bob's electric ultralight is in the Fall 2022 Beartracks newsletter, and also I think there may have been a report in one of the Bob Fly In articles:

Christopher Owens
        Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
        Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
        Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Originally posted by fairchild1934 View Post
          if you think that's a great idea--- have a look at the chinese car that EXPLODED and shot the driver about 300 feet in the air---
          and he came down with a splat. It appeared to be his battery pack exploding. that would make for a WHOLE new world of fail modes that we have never dreamed about------
          Oh, look! I found that whole new failure mode! This just has to be one of them 'lectric powered planes because gas planes never do anything like this:

image.png image.png

Comment

Working...
          X