Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas…stay on target!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas…stay on target!

Hard to believe that it was 20 years ago that my wife gifted me a set of Bearhawk plans…I even recorded the event on the cover with a magic marker!

It has been a very long road, but the end is in sight. For all the BH builders out there, their families, and those that make the magic happen at Bearhawk Aircraft and R&B Aircraft, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a New Year full of peace and contentment. In the words of Japanese master machinist Iwai Makoto: “Never give in. Never give up.”

A leading lathe turner plies his trade in Tokyo's Kamata neighborhood, known for its many small and specialized factories. At 85, Iwai Makoto shaves metal with an accuracy down to a hundredth of a millimeter. He handmakes parts that computer-controlled machines struggle with. His phenomenal skill has shaped vital elements of bullet trains and the Seto Ohashi Bridge, supporting the infrastructure behind the lives of many. Despite the rise in automation and repeated economic downturns, his pride still keeps him at his lathe.

IMG_2678.jpg
    Last edited by alaskabearhawk; 12-24-2023, 03:10 AM.

"Tenacity"...seems like that would be a good name for your Bearhawk.

Holiday Greetings to all fellow builders and the folks who have made the Bearhawk endeavor possible.

Comment

Great link. I never heard of the guy. Japan was always a country full of perfectionists like hime. I always loved the place.

Comment

Merry Christmas, I'm today where you were 20 years ago - I'll write down when Santa brought mine on the folder

Comment

Working...
        X