Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Solar Eclipse in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 Solar Eclipse in the USA

Coming up in another week there is a big total solar eclipse crossing the USA. Many people are planning to travel to see it, ourselves included. We have not made any firm plans, since we can travel by air and therefore attempt to chase the good weather. Our shortest path puts us in Indiana or Ohio. Are there any other Bearhawk folks with eclipse plans?

Because the QB kit is not ready to fly, we are planing to drive to southern IL. There are many small airports in small communities in IL and IN in the path of the eclipse that will not have the crowds and headaches of Carbondale and other better known places. They would also have less light pollution. Many of them have wonderful local dinners to get a bite to eat. We are hoping it will not be overcast.

Roger K.
    Companion QB
    IL.
    N51RK
    Roger
    QB Companion C-9
    N51RK

Comment

Living here in Ohio, I will certainly experience it, and will only have to travel a short distance to be right in the center of the path. But Roger's concern is a valid one: this time of year, there's at least an even chance of overcast. Still, it will become night in the middle of the afternoon, even if the sun is obscured by clouds.

Comment

I will be on a commercial flight going through the eclipse one half hour after peak on the way to Sun n Fun.

Comment

hope this changes IMG_0836.jpg

Comment

Me too! We want to stay out of the extreme NE if at all possible, it is going to be far more populous and crowded up there I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post
              Me too! We want to stay out of the extreme NE if at all possible, it is going to be far more populous and crowded up there I'm afraid.
              We're not so bad! ...and we'll be looking for where to fly to also. Come on up!

Comment

Forecast looking great for Greenville, Maine as of this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by DBeaulieu View Post
                  Forecast looking great for Greenville, Maine as of this morning.
                  Greenville is high on my list of places to consider. Ragmuff had been one of my top choices, but I took the skis off and they've been saying something about a bit of snow...

Comment

Working...
                  X