Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aussie scratch build LSA project start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie scratch build LSA project start

Morning all, thought I'd just say hi. Have just received plans for an LSA which I'll be running a 912 Rotax 100hp which I purchased second hand. Have skimmed over the forum and I'm really excited to start the build. I'll keep as updated as I can

cheers

Rob
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Hello from Canada,

I have plans for the lsa as well. Just finishing a shop this fall and then I will start on it. It will be all scratch built as well.

I'm pretty sure you'll have a great combination with the rotax. What type of flying are you hoping to do with it?

Comment

Hey mate, good to hear. I'm excited for the build. Looking at doing a bit of bush flying with it. We have access to a lot of property so it should be fun. I'd love to fly Canada one day

Comment

When you finish your Bearhawk LSA would be the first to fly with a Rotax. Mark

Comment

• Bacon
          Bacon commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, I assumed there’s many flying with a Rotax already. Out of curiosity, how many Total LSA do you know of flying currently? Know any running an unorthodox engine, like VW, Viking, apex? Not that I will, just curious is all.

• Bcone1381
          Bcone1381 commented
          Editing a comment
          I dont know, but I do know that the FAA in the USA shows 14 aircraft registered with the name "Bearhawk LSA". So there are at least that many here in the US. A builder who builds an LSA gets to choose the name of his aircraft. So there may be more that go by another name in the USA . The registry has no useful information on engine type beyond "Reciprocating." That at least gives you the scope of what were looking at.

Wow. I'm suprised no one else has run with a rotax

Comment

• Bcone1381
          Bcone1381 commented
          Editing a comment
          The Rotax will make it an impressive machine.

Where are you based, Rob?

The Barrows Bearhawk: Who knew my wife could get jealous of a plane?

Comment

Hey James, I'm bases outside of Tamworth Nsw

Comment

Good part of the world Rob, if you're ever on the South Coast of NSW, I'm in Nowra.
            Avipro Quick Build 4 place. Probably the slowest quick build ever attempted.

Do you have much of a flying background? I'll need the help of an experienced TW bush pilot when I finish my plane.

James
            The Barrows Bearhawk: Who knew my wife could get jealous of a plane?

Comment

If I'm down that way I'll stop in. I'm pretty fresh in all honesty with flying. Have spent a lot of time amongst aviation but only just started doing my flight training. I'll be on a steep learning curve but keen to start bush flying.

would be keen to see your project mate

Comment

Other engines in the LSA include 1 flying with a Corvair engine, at least 1 more being built, and a FWF package being developed for the UL Power 350.

Comment

Rob, stop by if you're ever in Denver!
                  Frank Forney
                  Englewood CO
                  https://eaabuilderslog.org?s=FranksLSA
                  EAA Chapter 301

Comment

Working...
                  X