Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Build Tasks Map for the LSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Tasks Map for the LSA

Today I've duplicated the task map for the Patrol to make one for the LSA. I changed the title, changed the colors, and deleted references to flaps. There is one article so far that is unique to the LSA, related to the elevator attachment. Here is the link:
    https://mm.tt/1394821624?t=H1B0TgVB3Z
    Being that I haven't built an LSA, it's hard to make this sort of thing. If you are an LSA builder, please take a look and see if you can recommend any improvements. Some engine-related tasks that were documented for the Lycoming airplanes are left undocumented for this one, such as engine selection and installation. Would anyone like to write those?
    Any boxes that do not have the link arrow are available for further documentation.
    Last edited by jaredyates; 01-10-2020, 08:17 PM.

I have edited the link in the post, thanks Tom for pointing out that I had the permisisons set wrong. Seems like I did that last time too! It should be good now.

Comment

Haven't crossed this bridge yet my self. Maybe some others can verify, but I don't recall from memory having room for the aileron counter balance like the other designs have referenced.

Looking forward to being able to knock more items off this list. Most of my task still start with fabricate.

The list is looking good!
      Stephen B. Murphey
      Bearhawk LSA
      Building #L-089

Comment

There are still a couple of references to flaps. Right in the middle of this screen shot.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by JJohnston View Post
          There are still a couple of references to flaps. Right in the middle of this screen shot.
          Thanks! I've removed those two just now.

Comment

Originally posted by sbmurphey View Post
            Haven't crossed this bridge yet my self. Maybe some others can verify, but I don't recall from memory having room for the aileron counter balance like the other designs have referenced.

Looking forward to being able to knock more items off this list. Most of my task still start with fabricate.

The list is looking good!
            If you have a second to look at the plans, could you see if it has aileron counterbalances? I recall that the elevators are not balanced, but couldn't remember about the ailerons.

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
              Mark Goldberg commented
              Editing a comment
              No counterweights on the nose ribs of the LSA ailerons. Nor the tail. Mark

• jaredyates
              jaredyates commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Mark, I've deleted that box.
          Working...
          X