Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSA W & B

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA W & B

Hey guys. I just weighed my BH LSA. It came in at 818 lbs. A little heavier than what I would have liked but that is always the case. DAR is coming Sunday. Hopefully first flight next week. Mark

Still LSA-able though, correct? :-)
    John, Naples FL
    Bearhawk 4-Place Plans #1316
    Patrol Plans #006
    Experience is something you get, right after you need it.

Comment

as far as I know, there is no empty weight requirement on LSA
      David Edgemon RV-9A N42DE flying RV-8 N48DE flying Patrol #232 N553DE in progress ! Plans built.

Comment

Congratulation, Mark, it looks beautiful. I cant wait to hear how it flies!

Comment

I think your number will be hard to beat Mark, for anyone with any comfortable amenities. Is yours the second LSA (first other than to Bob's) to be inspected?

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
            Mark Goldberg commented
            Editing a comment
            There is a scratch builer also flying in TN. His is heavier than mine. Mark

Congratulations Mark, Please keep us informed as to your W&B C/G and present configuration. You can save the plans builders many hours . Thanks Stinger

Comment

Mark, I have been out of the loop for the better part of a year. Congrats on the LSA! Did you list somewhere what you have in it for engine, avionics, and amenities? Thanks Forrest

Comment

I think that is an excellent empty weight since you have an electrical system, radio and transponder. Sounds about right. Very nice Mark. Post up some pictures.
              Eric Newton - Long Beach, MS
              Bearhawk Tailwheels and Builder's Manuals
              http://bhtailwheels.com
              http://mybearhawk.com/buildermanual.html

Comment

It looks good Mark! Yes, please give us all the details...engine, instruments, etc.....And flight details too!!!!

Comment

DAR just drove away from my place after giving me my airworthiness certificate. A few squawks to fix tomorrow, but should be flying in a day or two. Mark

Comment

Here are a couple pics of my LSA. It will look better when all the fairings and paint are on it. Mark

Comment

Looking forward to the flight reports!!

Comment

Mark – Your LSA with an empty weight of 818 lbs is a good weight! For reference my LSA, a 1940 Aeronca Chief CA65 with a 65 hp Continental and NO electric has an empty weight of 840lbs. Your BH LSA looks great!
                        Last edited by Wayne Massey; 07-15-2014, 06:14 AM.
                        Wayne Massey - Central Florida
                        BH733
                        LSA23
                        http://www.mykitlog.com/wlmassey

Comment

Working...
                        X