Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

older plans question----

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• older plans question----

someone offered me a plans set for a patrol -- but purchased in 2003. ( they bought plans and never built) I am wondering --- have there been any big changes in the plans since then ? like when they went with the horizonal having the steel ribs instead of round tubes ------- wondering if a set that old would have lots of changes that I would not be seeing in a current set ????? (he didnt give me a serial #)

Thanks
    Tim

The first page should have the serial # on it. If you have a complete legit set of plans you can buy an updated set from R&B for a fee.

Comment

he says plans #643-------- but he seems to be confused as to if its a 2 place or 4 place. he claims the seating is side by side--- but the companion wasnt out in 2003--- so maybe its a 4 place plans. ????

Comment

• alaskabearhawk
        alaskabearhawk commented
        Editing a comment
        I got my 4-place plans as a Christmas gift in 2003 and the number is 708, so it sure sounds like 4-place plans.

I believe the Patrol plans start with a letter P. That number lines up about right with it being 4-place plans from that time frame.

Comment

I echo what others have said...get an update, and Patrol Plans start with P.

September 2002 was the first time Patrol Plans were advertised in Beartracks. It may have taken Bob some time to develop the current serial numbering system he uses.

Here is a screen shot of my Patrol Plans...note Extra Set Date, Serial Number and Model name. I wonder...."Did Bob have a name for the Patrol when he derived the plans?" Now I wonder if he had committed to his serial numbering system he now uses?

I got an extra set and the note is a good date of 2015. I don't see anywhere on my plans the model name of "Patrol" used. There have been a number of updates, and I think you could look through the engineering updates and come up with a pretty good list.

Screen Shot 2023-04-06 at 7.37.09 AM.png
        Brooks Cone
        Southeast Michigan
        Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

I think I bought my 4-place plans in late 2003 or in 2004 with sn 767.
          BH 4 place plans #767, currently finishing a Kolb Firestar 2 kit. Very interested in the BH LSA.

Comment

Working...
          X