Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progress Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress Report

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would post a progress report on my Patrol N316BP. I have submitted my paperwork for the FAA to come and instect it and hopefully issue my Airworthiness Certificate. Still waiting. In the meantime I went ahead and did my first engine run, taxied it a bit and cycled the prop. The ECI O-360 engine is running strong and smooth. I am working through a few small issues and putting some finishing touches. I have taken a lot of the inspection covers off in anticipation of the inspection. Also, the spinner is off until the inspection. I will also remove the cowl when they call to schedule the inspection with me.

In the meantime, Here is a picture and Youtube video of the first engine run, taxi testing and cycling the prop.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Eric Newton - Long Beach, MS
    Bearhawk Tailwheels and Builder's Manuals
    http://bhtailwheels.com

Looks like fun...congratulations! I hope all goes well for the inspection. I liked the tags on the new tires going round and round on the video.

Comment

Looks good Eric! I am close to this point myself. Waiting on my registration to come back so I can send all the paperwork in for my inspection for airworthiness.

Comment

Good luck on the inspection!
        Dan - Scratch building Patrol # 243.

Comment

I just got the airworthiness certificate for ours today. I certainly hope it won't take a month for them to inspect yours like it did for ours. Of course if I had known it was going to take that long, I would have hired a DAR and saved a month's extra hanger rent!

Comment

It's been about 3 weeks since I submitted my application and I haven't heard from them yet. Hopefully soon. If not, I'll just keep taxiing around in circles ;-)

Congratulations Jared on getting your AW cert. Looking forward to hearing about your first flights.

Comment

I've never heard of MSP office ever doing an inspection - they always say no time for it, hire a DAR. Sure looking forward to more flight reports coming up!

Mark J

Comment

The Jackson FSDO did the inspection on my Vans RV-6A back in 2001 but it was understandably delayed for a month due to the terrorist attacks that took place on 9/11. Finally got it in October 2001 and it was a very pleasant experience, with the inspector complimenting me on my workmanship and helping me through the paperwork maze. On the Bearhawk, I used a DAR paying him $400. He was very thorough and a bit of a pain (asking my for proof of compliance on all AD's on any equipment that was certified - transponder, engine, radios, etc.). I wasn't very happy with this experience. Now with the Patrol, I had heard that the Jackson FSDO has been doing a few inspections in the area and were very helpful. I even laughed when one local builder told me that he paid for a DAR and when he showed up to inspect the airplane, two FAA inspectors were with him, to watch his inspection and make sure he was doing it right. Anyway, I figured that I would give them until Christmas and if I don't hear from them, I will hire a DAR. I have a line on a local one who is famiar with experimental aircraft and knows the ins and outs really well.

Comment

Working...
                X