Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N924PL, completed March, 2017.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk 4-Place N924PL, completed March, 2017.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this. Averaged over 100 hours yearly and enjoy the back country. The T3, baby bushwheel was a great addition along with the trailblazer prop. O 540 assembled by Lycon of Visalia with a lot of do dads, 10-1 pistons, 325 Hp; old Dynons 100 & 180, SL30, Garmin GTX327, UAvionix UAT ADSB, Lift Reserve AOA mounted where people normally put the wet compass, right in the middle of the clareshield. In the top five of airplanes I’ve flown. Not an award winner, more like a pick up truck.

Scott Williamson
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Very nice! I'd be interested to hear more about how you find the T3.
    Nev Bailey
    Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
    YouTube - Build and flying channel
    Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

That is a great story...and great motivation to finish mine!

Interesting about the T3 and baby bushwheel. I have heard from many folks the Alaska Airframes tire wears out very quickly on pavement. At $454 a pop it can get expensive. Many are using a glider tire as a replacement. At $70 each, it wears much better and is much cheaper. I just swapped mine out last week.

20220428_212955.jpg20220429_094719.jpg20220429_094740.jpg

Comment

• Nev
        Nev commented
        Editing a comment
        Great info. Thanks!

• Linusbear
        Linusbear commented
        Editing a comment
        Does the glider tire as tailwheel fit on the wider baby bushwheel fork or on the original Scott 3200 fork?

• alaskabearhawk
        alaskabearhawk commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn’t change anything other than the tire. It fit just fine.

Wow that looks like it'll be a performer!
      I guess that will that be a 1500 hr TTBO engine, with the high compression cylinders.
      Can you recall what she weighs?
      I like that paint scheme, don't see too many like that.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Love the T3 and baby bush wheel after spending time in Canyonlands, UT where the Scott 3200 kept digging into the sand. The BH tail is heavy and difficult to lift and move by hand. This floats above the sand. The baby bush wheel will vibrate, shimmy on asphalt so I lift the tail after touchdown. My first bush wheel developed an air leak from the vibration (I think) after 150 hours. Will definitely look into the glider tire.

Empty weight 1512.

Comment

Working...
        X