Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOL videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOL videos

Here's some video of the Bearhawk last weekend.

Comment

I looked at the scores for the event, you did very well compared to most of the competition, fantastic in an airplane you have so little time in!

Mark J

Comment

Jonathan, you sure seem to be flying your BH with a lot of skill judging from these videos. Your take off can't get much better and your landing was nothing to be ashamed of for sure. Very good flying. You should be proud. Mark

Comment

Outstanding! Where can results be found? I've failed to find them. Also, can you comment on the density altitude and winds?

Comment

From Supercub.org:

On that thread there is a link to a pdf with the results. Below is a cut and paste from the thread.
            "and to put in perspective- distances are in meters, airfield 100ft amsl, wind was probably 5-7knots and temp 15-20 degrees celsius.a very well put together day that was appreciated by everyone that attended. well done craig and team."

Mark J

Comment

I think it was around 1500ft DA - I can't remember what the Dynon said. It was near sea level, but very hot and the ambient pressure wasn't high. There was a headwind, I can't remember how much, it wasn't blowing hard.

This event was organised by the Marlborough Aeroclub, so the results may be on their website. I was in the Heavy Touring Class, and finished 3rd.

Comment

• Battson
                Battson commented
                Editing a comment
                The DA I did remember - the next morning we landed at a nearby airstrip called Quail Flat, with elevation about 1500ft, DA there was 3550ft!
            Working...
            X