Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adverse yaw ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adverse yaw ?

How are the BH's for adverse yaw ? I see where some planes have more up aerolon travel than down to fight it. I guess this would be achieved in the bellcrank
    setup. Is the BH like this or symtrical travel ?
    T

I think the plans call for differential, and quite a bit. The bell cranks are 90 degrees, so Bob must have done it by offset in the control horns horns on the ailerons. I am away from my shop. I want to say it was close to 2 to 1,

Comment

• jaredyates
      jaredyates commented
      Editing a comment
      Plans page 1, at least for the model A, specifies 20 degrees up and 20 degrees down. Many builders are within a few degrees of that, but I don't yet know of anyone running 2:1.

• svyolo
      svyolo commented
      Editing a comment
      I will check when I get back in a few days but I think I remember seeing much more up than down on the plans. B model.

• Bcone1381
      Bcone1381 commented
      Editing a comment
      The Patrol Plans shows 20 deg up, 16 deg down.

Fly it with rudder, with a lot of focus at first; soon it becomes mostly second nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Strickland View Post
      Fly it with rudder, with a lot of focus at first; soon it becomes mostly second nature.
      ^ Truth.

It's like flying a Cub, you need to lead with rudder. Cessna pilots will take some time to learn to use their feet

Comment

Working...
      X