Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Companion vs Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Companion vs Patrol

Does anyone know if the Patrol and Companion share the same wing design? Currently building a Patrol, but am considering switching to a Companion. I'm halfway finished with the Patrol wings, and would like to use them on the Companion, if possible.

Don't trust guys like me on the internet.......I'd contact Bob, or consult your plans for a valid answer. If I recall correctly from a past conversation with Mark G. the wing has the same airfoil, and basic design, but the Companion has a slight different cap strip layout. I suspect it supports a slighty higher max gross weight limit.

With that being said, I'd wager that it fits dimensionally at the spar and strut.
    Brooks Cone
    Southeast Michigan
    Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

I think it’s the same wing
      N678C
      https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
      Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

When the Companion was introduced, they said it used the Patrol wing, but as Brooks said, you shouldn't trust us. Call Bob for confirmation.

Comment

This is a screen shot of the Patrol Cap Strip layout. Compare it with your Companion and let us know. I'm curious.

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 9.41.28 AM.png
          Last edited by Bcone1381; 07-26-2024, 08:45 AM.
          Brooks Cone
          Southeast Michigan
          Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

Seems like OP has the Patrol plans he's currently building from, but needs someone with Companion plans to provide the same main spar cap strip layout so that a comparison can be done.

Comment

Here is the Companion version.

companion.png

Comment

Thank you Greg. As mentioned above, the Main Spar seems identical... at least enough to feel confident that buying a set of Companion drawings from Bob and changing horses in the middle of the stream won't be a waste of time or money.

Comment

Working...
                X