Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BearHawk 5 school of construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really making big progress now. Spars are going to be assembled very quickly on this jig. I could not find any measurable deficiencies with is jig. The jig worked out really well. Very pleased with myself. :cool: enjoy the pictures pound up the likes. ​​
    Attached Files

Comment

Great pictures...appreciate you posting them

Comment

Good evening nothing out of the normal Just general cheerleading. Figured I would show you where I'm at on my right hand for rear spar & I moved to lightning holes that were conflicting with the pocket rib stations. Basically the two holes at either end of the aileron were moved. Inbroad holes 1.75 & outbroad 1.5
        Attached Files

Comment

• way_up_north
          way_up_north commented
          Editing a comment
          since you are one of the 1st to scratch build the bravo wings....any commentary is appreciated..

just curious why you moved the holes, did you have them marked in the wrong place or is there anything on the plans to look out for that is tricky?

... I like what you did...doing the stations 1st and holes 2nd means you cant put the holes in the wrong spot...and is a great logical way to it

Thanks
          Last edited by way_up_north; 02-17-2021, 09:13 AM.

• Sir Newton
          Sir Newton commented
          Editing a comment
          I double checked my interpretation / calculations of the dimensions from the drawing. I am correct. However there's interference on either end of the aileron with the aileron skin 0.020 pocket rib stations on the rear spar.
          Resulting in my decision to relocate to the lightening holes.
          Last edited by Sir Newton; 02-17-2021, 11:56 AM.

When you first posted your jig, i didn't understand what you were doing. Now seeing the spar on it, it makes perfect sense. Very cool.

Comment

General cheerleading! RH main spar fit out!
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

General cheerleading! All wing spars have been fit up & are being deburred right now. As well builting a Alodine holding trough out of 6" sc40 PVC pipe. To clean & treat all the spar parts in. It took me basically 200+/- hours to fit out all 4 wing spars.
            ​​​​I very happy to be moving forward.
            This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Great progress ...thanks for posting detailed photos ... can really zoom in on the parts.. brings the plans to life

Comment

Corrosion protection & Paint Preparation of wing spars. I used 6" sc40 PVC pipe cut in half. One tank for alodine, one tank for cleaner and to wash water tanks. Over all it work ok, the end result was very good, and the procedure to work with the chemicals was safe. However alot of work to complete.

Comment

Bearhawk 5 model B wing spar photos after being cleaned & alodine treatment applied.

Comment

Looking good Sir Newton. Love the photos. Keep them coming.
                    Gerry
                    Patrol #30

Comment

You know the saying "Paint that Gold" Right hand rear spar is back on the jig & completely reassemble ready to install RIVETS!
                      This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Good day BearHawkers, Just some more cheerleading going on here. Uploaded a few pictures of my spars in various stages of riveting. I am trucking right along with the project. Ordered up all the tubing for the fuselage. Hit that like button so I know someone is actually looking at these posts! or don't.
                        This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

• way_up_north
                          way_up_north commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sir Newton... great progress...!!

• rv8bldr
                          rv8bldr commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Those look awesome. And I am incredibly envious of both the amount of space you have to work in and the real-man tools I see in the background :-)

• Sir Newton
                          Sir Newton commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank-you for the supporting comments you guys.
                      Working...
                      X