Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kit(s) availability for BH5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit(s) availability for BH5

I have been reviewing the BH website for specs and such on the BH5. Other than the quick-build and "advanced" quick-build kits, are there any parts available in the store? There's no entry for the BH5 in the "Parts" tab on the website, and I did see where Mark mentioned that there are sub-kits available for the 5...but I don't see any listed. Maybe Mark will see this, but I thought I would first peruse the plans-built area of the forums before calling him directly. My intention would be to build a fuselage/empennage from plans (basically, all the steel parts), but then buy a set of quick-build wings from the factory. But it might be nice to buy stuff like the tail wires and wing struts.

Thanks.

Tom
    Tom Betka, CFII, A&P
    Stevens Point, WI

Give Mark a call. You definitely need to speak to him if you’re serious about this. He doesn’t work through marketing programs or third parties much. He will however, pick up the phone and answer emails, and I’ve found him to be absolutely reliable in every matter I’ve dealt with him on. I’m not sure how he does it, but he does. You may also be assured that any advice he gives you is in your best interest, not Mark’s. His gift to humanity I guess. He’s truly generous with his time and attention. I have no affiliation. I’m just a very satisfied customer.

Comment

I've talked to him a number of times in the past, although not for a couple of years. I was just thinking that, in a plans-built section of the BH forums, people might know about such things...so thought I'd ask tonight. I will certainly be calling him though at some point.

Thanks for your response.
      Tom Betka, CFII, A&P
      Stevens Point, WI

Comment

Of course. Good idea and courteous of you to check if there is common knowledge circulating before you reach out for more details. Good luck, and welcome if you decide to do this.

Comment

Mark Goldberg has been especially busy as has been the factory. I suspect he's needing to balance the needs of the separate parts delivery with the needs of the qb kit orders, but he'll be able to tell you for sure.

Comment

I guess your plans have changed, as clearly you weren't talking to him about a scratch built Bearhawk M5 a couple of years ago.

This is a question only Mark can answer. You need to ask him directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Battson View Post
              I guess your plans have changed, as clearly you weren't talking to him about a scratch built Bearhawk M5 a couple of years ago.

This is a question only Mark can answer. You need to ask him directly.
              They may have, indeed.

Thanks.
              Tom Betka, CFII, A&P
              Stevens Point, WI

Comment

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post
                Mark Goldberg has been especially busy as has been the factory. I suspect he's needing to balance the needs of the separate parts delivery with the needs of the qb kit orders, but he'll be able to tell you for sure.
                That makes sense Jared, thanks.

The whole idea here was to not have to bother Mark with basic questions that I thought might be easily answered here in the forum. So if I decide to take the next step, I'll just call him up. Since the website says ...Or you can purchase some sub-kits or components from us..., I thought it would be relatively easy to find this information here in the "plans-built" section of the forum since, you know, people in this section were building plans-built BH5 aircraft and are likely to be interested in buying parts they chose not to build.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys. I'll take it from here.

Tom Betka, CFII, A&P
                Stevens Point, WI

Comment

Originally posted by Pbruce View Post
                  Of course. Good idea and courteous of you to check if there is common knowledge circulating before you reach out for more details. Good luck, and welcome if you decide to do this.
                  Thank you. At this point I'm really just trying to gather information and thus didn't want to bother Mark with a question(s) that might be easily answered by doing some research here in the forum...especially since I haven't made a final decision yet on how to proceed.
                  Tom Betka, CFII, A&P
                  Stevens Point, WI

Comment

I too would like to know the answer to this question. I am very seriously considering scratch building a 5 from plans. Pray for me lol

Comment

Working...
                    X