Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Companion Progress Thus far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covered the starboard side this weekend. Glue, iron and tape, glue, iron and tape...and so on

IMG_1379.jpg

Comment

And the port side covered this weekend along with a start on the VS

IMG_1381.jpg

Comment

Finished covering the top and tail. I'm happy with how it all came out, other than the lowest rib on the VS being pulled up a little by me prematurely shrinking the fabric above it. I have a removable aluminum center section for the cabin roof mounted with almost 50 6-32 screws (it ain't coming off). The com antenna will be mounted there, almost a perfect ground plane. I'm glad I put in the extra effort to make sure that lower rib on the VS was rib stitched since it's so much more streamlined than letting that area balloon out.

IMG_1394.jpg
        IMG_1395.jpg

Comment

Before I took a week to prepare for Oshkosh, a week to go to Oshkosh and a week to recover from Oshkosh, I managed to get the Ekofill sprayed onto the fuselage. I'm very happy with how it went on. I made the mistake of brushing it onto the tail feathers which resulted in a thick coat that I now have to sand down. In one of the Stewart Systems videos, Marty Feehan makes the point that you always want to spray it on or you'll have 5X the amount of sanding to do. I'm here to say he's spot on. Wish I'd sprayed it...oh well

68157985925__C59F5D5F-6FE2-475A-8007-971999F5BA2A.jpg

Comment

• rodsmith
            rodsmith commented
            Editing a comment
            Marty has been so helpful with some issues I had. A great resource.

Looks good Mark

Comment

Damn, I can’t seem to catch up to you.

Looking good
            N678C
            https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
            Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

• Mark Dickens
              Mark Dickens commented
              Editing a comment
              With Oratex, you'll be by me in no time. Painting the the top coat scares me so I'm taking it slow

Looking good Mark, making quick progress!!!

Comment

Working...
            X