Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member in Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member in Alaska

Hi everyone, I bought Melvin Kininkin's 4-Place and brought it to Palmer, Alaska. Been doing a few additions to it. Added 31" Alaska Bush Wheels, double puck brakes, T-3 dual shock tail wheel mount with a 11" Matco bush wheel, new radio, 4 place intercom, spin off oil filter, added some lighting and wiring, VGs, heated Pito tube and I am waiting on a set of custom wing, tail and insulated cowling covers. When I get them we will have a source for them at Alaska Wing Covers in Eagle River, Alaska. They do a lot of the winter plane covers here. I live on a large lake and hope to get it on floats next year. Well just wanted to say hello. Craig

Welcome Craig! Look forward to hearing of your adventures.

Comment

Congratulations, and welcome aboard! We need pictures - both of the work in progress and of the final result!
      Jim Parker
      Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
      RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Here are a couple pics of the T-3.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Craig! I sure enjoyed flying 6MK and was excited that it went to AK. Maybe some day I'll get mine done and will get to come visit AK.

You leaving the Mac on?
          Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Well two things to be envious of. You have a flying Bearhawk and you live in Alaska. Great looking machine.

Comment

Very nice looking airplane. The T3 tailwheel spring/shock arrangement seems like a really neat setup to reduce stress to the tail area in general, and to make for a nicer "ride" on rough terrain. I also like the paint scheme. Classic, yet modern looking.
              Jim Parker
              Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
              RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Nice Airplane... May good weather and fun await you. Quick question, what does it cruise at with the consent configuration?

Comment

Hello Craig, you indeed have a nice plane, in fact I just did walked around your plane a couple weeks ago. Im scratch building in Chugiak and would like to get in touch.

Comment

Working...
                  X