Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk hopeful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk hopeful

Hi everyone. Another newbie and possible builder here. I’ve been reading the Bearhawk forums, builders logs, construction manuals etc and generally lurking for a number of years. Always enjoy reading everyone’s experiences, tips, and progress. There’s an obvious collective wealth of experience in construction, operation, and design modifications in these forums. I’m a couple of years away from starting, and I have no building experience at all.

Originally from NZ, but currently living in Hong Kong where it’s not really practical to start a build project. I have an aviation background, albeit quite removed from what the Bearhawk offers and that’s a large part of the attraction.

I plan to return to Christchurch in a year or two and will likely get a 4 place quick-build kit underway. Great to see that there’s a couple of very experienced builders/operators in the Canterbury area.

Neville Bailey.
    Nev Bailey
    Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
    YouTube - Build and flying channel
    Builders Log - We build planes

Welcome aboard! Nice to hear from you. Been a long time since I’ve been to HK. Loved it while there, though.

Yep, several ANZ builders in the group. I’m sure they’ll be great resources for you.

~Chris
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

• Nev
      Nev commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Chris!

Hi Neville. There is a very active group of Bearhawkers in NZ. They will be helpful to you when you start building. Get in touch when the right time comes. Regards. Mark

Comment

• Nev
      Nev commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mark, will be in touch.

Welcome to the forum Neville,

You are welcome to contact me whenever you're back in NZ. I would be happy to show you the aircraft and/or go flying if that suits you.

Most of the pilots I meet say the Bearhawk is the perfect aircraft for this New Zealand. Just the right mix of speed, STOL, and heaps of room inside.

Comment

• Nev
      Nev commented
      Editing a comment
      Battson- Would be really great to meet you and see your Bearhawk. I’ll let you know when I’m next coming to Chch.
Working...
X