Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawk 4 place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawk 4 place

This site is like navigating through fog with no instruments!

Ask a question and we’ll direct you. . We’re a discussion forum, so let’s duscuss.

The site search uses Google, so you should also be able to find past discussions on most topics.
    Christopher Owens
    Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
    Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
    Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Hi Yate! Fog and no instruments rarely ends well. We’re mostly pretty friendly and the end game results in a fine plane!
      My first stop is usually "Today's Posts" at the top. This allows me to see what’s currently being discussed. The search function works pretty well to point you to items of specific interest. If you don’t find what you want, throw up a topic and you’ll be amazed at the resources around here.

Welcome!

Bill

Comment

Ah, ask away, I am sure you can find supportive people on the group. Not much if any political posting, most of the posts are related to one of the Bearhawk designs or to flying the same. Look at the group as a tool in your tool box. You would never think of using an adjustable wrench to solve all of your repair issues. Welcome to the group.

Comment

Yates;
          We are a small group, but friendly and welcoming. The search function was recently massively improved. Search once, then just start a thread and ask.

I have done lots of fog, and a couple of times no instruments. Luckily, not both at the same time. But I did once drop a guy off at 50 ft that had both, and at night. He still owes me a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by yateselden View Post
            This site is like navigating through fog with no instruments!
            Never been on a forum before?

Comment

What's the problem? I use this forum daily as I build. Never had a problem. I find everything I need using the search feature at the top, which was recently improved using Google. From there I select "All" or "Images". Both are powerful and extremely helpful.
              Rob Caldwell
              Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
              EAA Chapter 309
              Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
              YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
              1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Ask not what your forum can do for you—ask what you can do for your forum!
                Mark
                Scratch building Patrol #275
                Hood River, OR

Comment

I don't know if it's my iPad or I'm figuring this forum out using my phone. But anyway, I was trying to introduce myself. I'm Elden Yates I purchased kit 652 back in 2007. It is build and has been flown 8 hours. It has been parked for a number of years because of personnel (life got in the way) stuff. I'm back on board with it now and have been going over things. It is powered by a mazda 13B, and has good power.

Comment

That's the one up at Swans? If so, great to hear its back in the air!

Comment

Welcome back, Elden! I remember you were flying rotary. Glad it's working out well for you. Renesis or earlier 13B?

It's sort of tough to navigate this forum on a phone in portrait position, although it has been optimized a bit for it. The menus are a challenge on that screen size. It's a bit better in Landscape position. iPad works best in Landscape orientation, but not too shabby in Portrait. Tapatalk may be a better option for your phone, although Tapatalk won't show post comments which are allowed here.
                      Christopher Owens
                      Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
                      Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
                      Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

It is the one at Swans, it's not quit ready yet. I had a EM2 power issue that was fixed last weekend.
                        I need to check the rubber fuel lines, not sure they are ethanol resistant. And a few other items. It is a 13B, turbo rotor housings, the higher compression rotors w/ RA super seals, street ported center and side housings, tuned intake runners.

Comment

Originally posted by tailwind View Post
                          Ah, ask away, I am sure you can find supportive people on the group. Not much if any political posting, most of the posts are related to one of the Bearhawk designs or to flying the same. Look at the group as a tool in your tool box. You would never think of using an adjustable wrench to solve all of your repair issues. Welcome to the group.
                          Perfect, that's what I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by kestrel View Post
                            That's the one up at Swans? If so, great to hear its back in the air!
                            I figured you would be on floats by now?

Comment

Originally posted by yateselden View Post

I figured you would be on floats by now?
                              I wish! I would need to add float fittings as well as floats. ...and then figure out where to keep it. On wheels it lives right next to my house.

Comment

Working...
                              X