Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central Texas Bearhawk Gathering April 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Texas Bearhawk Gathering April 12

Greetings everyone. The weekend of April 10-12 will have some interesting events. On Saturday the 11th, the Texas STOL Roundup competition will take place in Llano Texas just west of Austin. This is a Valdez Alaska like competition for short take off and landing. Last year my 4 place won its category with Wayne Massey flying. Bob Barrows is coming out to participate this year although he still has not decided whether to bring his Patrol or his LSA. Bearhawk Aircraft is a sponsor of the event.

After the competition is over on Saturday, we are all going to return to my ranch. I would like to invite everyone to come join us there. The main get together will be on Sunday. I think some BBQ from my favorite local BBQ place will be a great lunch for everyone. Will eventually need a head count.

Anyone that wants to come in Saturday evening is most welcome. Lots of room to camp outside or inside my hanger. The closest town is Giddings (15 minutes drive) with lots of inexpensive motels. If there are enough people who want to stay at a motel, I will go negotiate a special rate for everyone.

The identifier of my strip is 9TE7, or the Flying GH Ranch on the San Antonio sectional. As the Bearhawk flies - it is 6 nm out of Giddings/Lee County airport (GYB) on a 300 heading. Planes with the training wheel up front should probably land at GYB since my strip has these little mounds of dirt from the pocket gophers. But the strip is no problem for taildraggers. 2600 ft long and plenty wide. Driving - you would enter this into Mapquest or Google Maps: 315 Lincoln Lake Rd, Paige TX.

Whether you are a kit builder, scratch builder, or just interested in the designs - everyone is welcome to come join us. Should be lots of flying and hopefully good eats as well. Have an opportunity to visit with Bob and see the different planes. We will provide more details in the next week or so. If you have any questions - you can email me at N95MF@hotmail.com

I encourage everyone to come. Should be fun. Mark Goldberg. Bearhawk Aircraft

Sounds like fun, thanks for the invite. It would be quite a trip. Anyone close enough to make it should definitely make the effort. I,ve heard good things about the Texas STOL comp, and Mark's ranch.

Comment

It does sound like a great time, aside from the distance issue I've multiple conflicts on the calendar already. Thanks for the invite and all the efforts put into it Mark, everyone enjoy!

Comment

Mark,
        Was already planning to attend the Llano fly-in on Friday and Saturday. Looks like I'll be extending my weekend thru Sunday, You can count me in. I'll be flying my RV6 or driving in if weather doesn't permit.
        Frank

Comment

Working...
        X